Sunday, May 13, 2012

Not the way I wanted to start

When I started this blog, I was going to write about my knitting and designs. But of course, life had to get in the way of that, and so for the past two weeks I have been nursing a wrist injury that won't allow me to knit.

It has been extremely frustrating, in fact its had me in tears a couple of times. My husband keeps saying that this is an opportunity to try new things, upskill myself. And that's all well and good, except the childish part of me hates being forced into doing something I don't want to do. Sure, I want to learn new things, but I want to learn them in my own time, when it suits me.

Its also frustrating because I have just started designing my own knitting pattern, and I cant knit them. I have all these ideas, and no fulfilment.

But, even though its hard, I know that I need to try not to feel sorry for myself. I do need to find some other things to keep my mind and hands occupied. Mostly that has been sewing. I've been working on a cross stitch picture for my new baby cousin, and I've also made a couple of patchwork cushions. I think I'd like to do some more patchwork, with some more complicated patterns maybe. I'd also like to maybe make myself a skirt or something.

Here are a couple of pictures of the cushions I've made:




No comments:

Post a Comment